Monday 28 February 2011

''' Swollen !'


I have a problem with my thumb joint. As you can see from this photo I have got a swelling actually on the joint itself. Thus creating constant pain. My everyday activities cause me to pull faces when the pain strikes... funny? No! I'm sharing my unfortunate discomfort with you out there, just in case you have any miracle remedies that I haven't yet heard of..... don't hold back now, let me have it...
The doctor's informed me that it is called wear n tear Arthritis.. this is on a good day... whilst on other not so good days it is twice the size in swelling. I can't take long term anti inflammatory as they give me chronic heart burn. I have tried gels, paracetamol.. physio..rest..ice, nothing appears to help on a long term basis. I wear a wrist support most of the time, this gives some support to the thumb joint, it makes my hand sweat.. which can be a hindrance.

4 comments:

Red Shoes said...

Hmmmm... looks like a bad case of Thumbus Text Maximus!!! ;o)

Carpal tunnel?

Yikes!!

It's good to see that you survived your birthday!!!

~shoes~

Indi said...

Shoes ~ Aha could be Lol.. on a more serious note...Carpal tunnel? That sounds worse than the first one!!


Indi

Yeah, survived B'day party ;)

xxx

The Savage said...

I don't have a remedy for your thumb. I do, however have one for Heartburn.
Mix three teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with your favorite fruit juice and drink it down fast.... two or three times a day or whenever heartburn occurs. You may be able to take the anti-inflammatory after all...

Indi said...

Savvy ~ Apple cider vinegar eh? Will try it thank you ;) heartburn isn't life threatening but it can make ya feel pretty awful...thank you thank you thank you...


Indi

xxx