Wednesday 15 December 2010

Guardian Angel

Guardian angel,
come show me
your face.. I
found this
white feather
on Monday..so
I thought..
time for some
good luck!!
I believe in
this stuff,
so I bent
down and
picked it
up. I told
a few folk
who took it
as a joke..
figures, as
they lead
such boring
mundane lives.
I decided to
try, so it
didn't sound
like a lie.
I stood in
a room, turned
off the light,
closed my eyes
with my arms
stretched out.
Feather in my
right hand.
I command you
to show your
face.. I chanted
in the dark,
thank god no
one could see
what I was doin,
they might think
I've gone mad!!
Do I care? I've
found a new
friend..my white
feather is an
Angel in disguise.
As I opened my
eyes just ever
so slight, I
witnessed a
bright shinin
light. So you
see I was right
to believe, as
I was answered
there n then
in the dark.
I carry my
white feather
close by in
my trouser
pocket..just
in case I find
myself in need.
I think it's
my friend, her
daughter whom
I visited last
weekend! Don't
worry Nattie,
she's doin just
fine..you rest
my beautiful
Angel, I miss
you so much..
but I now have
your white
feather.. so
I can stay in
touch.

6 comments:

nitebyrd said...

Awww, Indi! That's so beautiful! Your friend is definitely still with you because you love her so!

Indi said...

nitebyrd ~ I'd like to think so, I miss her so much... I'm always talkin to her, it's funny how the things I think of or hear on the radio, a song, so familiar when she was here... ;-*


Indi

xx

Don't I Know You? said...

Nice. Flat Stanley likes special rocks. You know, just stuff lying on the ground that looks right, then feels right. She had one for her sister for years before it was finally lost. Sister's still fine, btw. But it's so nice to have tangible reminders of that which we value. Good on you and your dear friend.

Indi said...

Don't I Know You ~ Yeah, they have to feel just right...right? I can be walkin along a beach and as I glance down, one will catch m eye..almost as it's calling to me. Some female gave me a load of frosty glass pieces once assumin I could make some amazin jewellery with it, it was nothing special. I found a great place for it... in the rubbish bin. Thank you for comin to visit me, I'm so glad the sister's OK, that's the main thing ;)


Indi

xx

red.neck chic said...

This is beautiful!!! And no... I hadn't read this before I posted on your snow post...

xoxo
robelyn

Indi said...

red.neck chic ~ You got me smiling with this one and the other one ;) thank YOU ! ;)


Indix0x0x0x