Tuesday 30 March 2010

New Born

Tuesday Poem - For Spiky ;)

Being pregnant
can be a joy.
You eventually
after..hopefully
nine months and
no complications
have a baby girl
or baby boy.
Smiles all round,
cuddles & Coos
bang goes normal
life, sex and booze.
Saggy tits and a
saggy arse....
varicose veins?
But of course.
Swollen ankles
permanently tired,
maternity leave's
better than being
fired!!!
Strange eating
habits..ice cream
and mayo things
that would make
anyone else
feel almost
certainly sick.
Nine months
gone so quick.
No time to rest
now you're a Mum
Just do your best.
Toys and teddies
prams and cots..
screaming teething
babies full of snot.
Sleepless nights
but at the end of
the day, be honest
you wouldn't want
it any other way.
You're own bundle
of joy......
Two feet.
Ten toes.
two eyes,
one nose.
Colour of hair?
Who knows!!
Two tiny hands,
a pair of eyes,
who know you're
there. and
never far.
Gurgles & laughs
Eight fingers
two thumbs
perfectly formed
by two people
Mum & Dad to be,
plus baby
makes 3
equals
Family.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

On second thought, I retract that offer to impregnate her.

Heff said...

I'll peek back in around 9 months from now...

Spiky Zora Jones said...

indigo: Hi baby...thanks sweetie, I guess I was your calliope, huh?

it's all twuuuuuu. I'm just really goos at the mommy job. I wish I could do it all the time.

bama..backing out mister? hey...I support my kids...100%. I think I'm like the ancient Amazons. I don't ask for child support but Vince has something set up for the kids. it's how i roll baby.

great poetry indigo babe. xxx

Indi said...

BT ~ I can just imagine tiny 'Spiky Travs' running around :))))). How is your Mum? xxxIndi

Indi said...

Heff ~ you'll now when the time is right, you'll hear the screaming!!

Indi said...

Spiky ~ I just knew you would be a great mother. mother earth, one who seeks comfort and love and in return loves and nurtures all new born. You glow when you are pregnant. I did, and that bond you have with our new born, like no other feeling in the universe. xxXxx Indi

Anonymous said...

That is very cute.

Secretia

nitebyrd said...

Sweet poem, Indigo. OH! My! a new Spiky baby!?!

Indi said...

Secretia ~ thank you, I do do cute some times ;)


Indi

Indi said...

nitebyrd ~ well maybe, mini spikes eh? cute... ;) thnks hun x

Spiky Zora Jones said...

indigo: baby girl is so on my mind lately.

i had a dream last night...I had a baby and it was a girl...

so now I'm pumped...i want to scream...YAY! :)

xxx

Indi said...

Spiky ~ baby girls are sooooo adorable, more so I think than bab boys, but don't get me wrong, boys are cute too... keep think it babe and ya never know xxx

viemoira said...

Bravo! Oh but please include the stretch marks!

Indi said...

viemoira ~ of course, I resemble an ordinance servey map!!