Saturday 23 January 2010

Road test

Today I had the opportunity to road test a Yamaha Fazer 1000cc motorbike. Unlike my Yamaha FJR 1300cc motorbike, this one handles much better as It's quite a fair bit lighter, but the 1000cc engine can handle the tightest of corners with ease. The body length is a fraction shorter but in comparison to the big bike it felt much more compact. I fell in live with it the first time I saw it. So how did I go on? Well the roads have been very wet and icy of late but today fared well for my test ride. I was a bit apprehensive to begin with because having ridden the 1300 for nearly two years, I have of course got used to the way it handles the road. After some hick ups I adjusted to the handling very well. Cornering as well as on the straight I can honestly say I love it. When I open up te throttle she lets out an awesome growl. So.... I went to the bike shop and bartered for a good price. and I got a good price! Right money matters aside, I get the bike on March the 1st with a 2010 plate, twelve months road tax, heated grips,top box, fairings to cover the engine and make her appearance sexier. I did want a red one but they hadn't got one. The colour is Graphite which in English is a stunning dark 'graphite' colour. 'AND' with it's lighter body weight I can actually pull it on to it's centre stand with ease, which is more than I could ever do with the FJR.. having tried this once I almost gave my self a slipped disc!! She is an amazing bike... I will miss my 'Black Thunder' but I'm sure her next owner shall treat her with the respect I know she deserves. As for my new bike I have thought about a few names for her... I may just call her 'Indi' after "MWAOH".. unless I fall upon a name that fits her sexy sassy appearance. I don't have a photo of her yet, but be sure that as soon as I get one you will see it. So all in all I have had an excellent day. And to celebrate I had a Macdonalds for my lunch, well I can't afford steak now I have a new bike to pay for!

8 comments:

Genevieve said...

Awesome news! Can't wait to see pics of your new bike. Sure sounds like the weekend is a happy one for you. :)

Indi said...

Genevieve ~ Yes so far my weekend's been fabulous, just hope the weather's good for tomorrow, out again on the bikes.. got to ride this as much as I can I'm re-homing her in March....

UBERMOUTH said...

I vote you call her Uberbitch!

Indi said...

UBS ~ 'Oh my god' I can't stop laughing... Uberbitch? Am thinkin on callin her Spiky, cuz she purrrrs.:)

Don't I Know You? said...

OH, Flat Stanley loves motorcycles. Good on you!

Indi said...

Don't I know You? ~ Yeah for sure. I can't wait to ride her.. and to say farewell to my beast I have now

nitebyrd said...

You know I'm no fan of motorcycles, but I can tell by your loving description that you are hopelessly in love with your new bike.

(((hugs))) to you! The graphite color sounds very sexy and I'll bet you look sexy as hell riding it!

Ride safely, love!

Indi said...

nitebyrd ~ Am smiling now! I guess I might just look a tad bit sexy ridin it.. It'll take a bit of getting used to.. I can't wait to get her, and I',m not as emotional as I thought I was going to be parting with Black Thunder, this was meant to be. And I will be safe darlin, I promise >;->x