Wednesday 20 January 2010

Recovery

After spending the last three weeks recovering from leg surgery I returned to work yesterday, purely because I got so bored being at home. I need people around me. Yesterday was slightly slow on my behalf and after this week I should be back up to my usual speed. I still have to be careful when lifting heavy stuff, so basically I don't...lift heavy stuff. I did have a moment of using bad language today when in a lapsed moment I banged my lower calf area with a bag of rubbish... the air went blue and I felt sick. It's still very tender and bruised, but me thinking, that with regular exercise it will help to heal quicker. I was asleep by 8.30 last night, totally knackered. I can't wait to get back out on the open road and was thinking that I'm not getting any younger and what with my leg being ever so slightly weaker, I may well change my Black Thunder of a beast of a bike ( there will be tears shed) for a smaller cc engine but with enough 'kick ass' attitude that I can still go out with Spiky on the back and thrill her... but it hasn't happened yet, but I think it will. So watch this space for the new bike to appear... I will go for maybe a Fazer 1000cc in possible red or vibrant blue, but the colour may not happen to my liking as they only make the bike in certain colours..Boo Hoo !! So I don't really have anything exciting to report. This is it so read, inwardly digest and leave a comment if ya want too. Much appreciated. Sorry not feeling upto much of anything at the moment... need light nights and some sunshine, neither of which we're getting right now, when I'm back in the mood for writing some serious crap... I'll let ya'll know :). Signing out indigo xx

11 comments:

UBERMOUTH said...

Are you now on blogging hiatus?

Christ! You don't type with your leg, do you?

Anonymous said...

Find the right leg strengthening exercises and get your self back in shape, feel better. Then it'll be time to play like you want to!

Secretia

JStar said...

Take it easy! Dont rush your recovery!!! and cant wait to see the new bike :) I have ALWAYS wanted a bike...

Indi said...

UBS ~ how'd ya guess? Yeah .. er.. no ...actually I was typing with my right NIPPLE!! Just not feeling my true self (and not like you think either!) Got winter blues. But thanks UBS for thinking about me...

Indi said...

Secretia ~ that's a good idea. Leg strengthenin exercises, why didn't I think of that. Do you think swimming will work? Thanks hun

Indi said...

JStar ~ I am trying to recover at my speed but I know me and I always make these promises and then forget and go at it full whack. NOT this time though. As for the new bike, I've been thinking about it for a while now, since I dropped my 1300cc bike last year, it's A BIG bike as you can see from the post previous. I get emtional just thinkin about parting with it... but it'll happen and soon me thinks. Thank you

Spiky Zora Jones said...

indigo: You take good care of you sweetie. There's plenty of time to get back in shape. You're going to need to be in real good shape. I mean spring is near and the weather is going to be great to ride...right?

later honey.

Indi said...

Spiky ~ yes will do re leg. But if the weather's good on Saturday I'm off out on my bike, cuz I may will be getting rid of her and buying a new one this year, she's a doll and two years old... but she's a hand ful and way to heavy. I got my eye on a bike that has enough *attitude* to scare anyone. So yeah looking forward to spring and next month....don't tell any one Spiky but it's my birthday next month Shhhhh...!! Later babe xxx

Just telling it like it is said...

Well I hope you feel better soon...nothing wrong with having a limp for a while

Indi said...

Just telling it like it is ~ A limp what ? Lol... that made me laugh... but yes it's amazing how much sympathy I get when seen to be limping! I' can really milk this one, but on a seriious note I am actually limping for a reason..thanks :)

Nadege said...

be good to yourself indigo and
take baby steps and enjoy the
good night's sleep.