Sunday 17 January 2010

Back in the saddle


Today is the first time since I had my operation that I've had the weather and the nerves to get back in the saddle. They say that for those who lock their bikes up for winter are the ones more likely to have an accident when they finally get back on their bikes, because they think that they can ride as fast in winter as they did in the summer. I rode my amazing 'Black Thunder' last November for the very last time before the snow came. But having had almost almost three weeks off work due to the operation on my left leg. Not sure how my injury would hold out, still got some nasty painful bruising visible, but I had to go for it... today is the day I regain my nerve back. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I decided that the weather conditions today were now ideal to get back on her. I have to admit though I was some how dubious of straddling her, starting the engine then figuring what to do next. It didn't take me long once I'd got over my nerves to knock her into first and slowly ride down the drive. Indicate right, glance in both directions, off I went. With the sun dazzling through the naked trees like a strobe light. I flicked down my tinted visor knocked her into second then third, fourth then fifth and I was away into the distance. The first bend was the same bend that I go round every time I drive out of our village. It hadn't changed, it was still the same sharpness. As I approached it my stomach rolled with the movement of the bike, knocked her down in to fifth then fourth, the engine roared, I leaned her over to my left and out the other side back up the gears into fifth then sixth. My nerves had gone. I was back in the saddle and loving every minute of it. With the roar of the 1300cc engine between my thighs, a broad smile inched it's way across my face. I had this vivid picture in the back of my mind of Spiky holding on tight. Her arms wrapped around my waist, a picnic of delectable delights tucked away in the top box, the wind behind and the sand dunes in the distance... but that's just my wicked mind coming into play. I have to admit it did feel great to be wearing my black leathers again and be Queen of the road once more.

18 comments:

UBERMOUTH said...

Great way to spend an afternoon.Was it cold on your bike,though?

Indi said...

UBS ~ it would've been cold had it not have been for my thermals and heated handle bar grips!! It was 'chapel hat' weather :))))

Anonymous said...

Good for you!
But "take it easy"
Live to ride, Ride to Live!

Secretia

Cala Gray said...

Oh how lovely.. I want to ride!:)

Unknown said...

Great to hear you are back in the saddle! xx

Indi said...

Secretia ~ thanks I live to be daring... but with the extra element of living to survive :)

Indi said...

Gray ~ I love to ride... I'd love to hit the highways of route 69! Thank you

Indi said...

phallatio ~ Yeah it makes me feel real good with myself, got my confidence back...thank you

vixen kitten said...

Ya know, I've been told I'm a very good passenger from other people I've ridden with. They say I have great balance and don't try to fight the driver or the bike. Must be all my years of riding horses.

Just sayin....in case Spiky is busy or something! *wink*

So happy to hear you back doing what you love, Sugar.


~vk~

Indi said...

vixen kitten ~ I used to ride horses until I got kicked big time by one, aint never been near one since. OK so if Spiky's busy you can come hold on tight n I'll show you the lovely English countryside... and then some >;->

Diva's Thoughts said...

Well alright!!! Good for you. I am a wuss though. Bikes scare the beejesus out of me.

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Indigo: I'm glad your back on your bike. I know how much it means to you.

My brother had several and loved every moment he could spend on a bikee. Plus I know lots of guys with Harleys.

I think vixen kitten really really wants a ride. You lucky girl...you.

xxx

Just telling it like it is said...

Oh how I love getting in the saddle..except I went riding the other day and my clitoris was rubbed the wrong way!!

Indi said...

Tee aka The Divas Thoughts ~ Bikes aren't scary it's having confidence in the rider's abilities ;) thanks anyway

Indi said...

Spiky ~ vk does want to a ride but she'll have to get in the queue. I promised you first but she can be second >;->. Oh waht joy ;))))xxx

Indi said...

Just telling it like it is ~ So if I give you a ride on my saddle and rub your clit the right way you'd be happy with that?

UBERMOUTH said...

Out riding,Indigo? Get back here... :)

Indi said...

UBS~ I've ridden off and I aint now way coming back Lol :))))