Friday 30 May 2008

A big THANK YOU

Yesterday I paid in my sponsor money for the race for life charity for cancer research. A grand total and I'm proud to have raised £142.50 for the cause. I've had a rough week one way or another. I went to a friends funeral on Wednesday, he died of leukemia at the young age of 68yrs. Yesterday my boss at work told me he had just been diagnosed with throat cancer. So even though we cannot help people directly and make this awful disease go away, we can still raise much needed funds for the research into hopefully one day finding a cure for cancer.
So lets keep giving for these well worth causes and never forget the one's we've lost. Take care of the friends we still have, give them love and respect and treat them as you would like to be treated. We may not be on this planet for ever so come on people lets get ready to party, as life's for living.

2 comments:

nitebyrd said...

Wonderful, awesome, amazing! You are brilliant, my friend.

Our race is January 31, 2009, my daughter is already rounding up the usual suspects to participate.

Yes, I think we do help and promote awareness of the cause.

Indi said...

Thank you so much for that lovely comment. If I were with you I'd take part, but I will make a contribution nearer the time.