Tuesday 6 May 2008

Fracture or Fiction

Well the day has finally arrived. My appointment at the fracture clinic . I was kind of nervous, not wanting to be put in plaster for six weeks. Well the good news is nothing is fractured or broken, but badly sprained. I've had one week off work and now have to endure another two weeks off work. I'd much rather work for a living than sit at home wondering what the hell to do. But these things, ligaments and stuff take time to heal. I guess alot of you reading this would relish a couple of weeks of doing absolutely nothing? Well after being restricted in certain activities, life's not exactly a bunch of roses right now, and financially I can't afford to be off work. I can honestly say I've never had a day off sick in my life, and when presented with a sick note to give to my employer, I didn't know what to do with it. So my next two weeks will be filled with fun....NOT. So there you have it.... there's one good thing to come out of this... the weather has improved!! ..... For now!

2 comments:

nitebyrd said...

I'm very happy for you that you didn't break anything.

Two weeks off won't be that bad if the weather is good, right? You can get out on your motorbike or go for a run. If you can do some walking or running everyday for 2 weeks, think of how healthy you'll be!!!

Indi said...

Great news!! I'm going back to work next Wednesday, I must really be ill, I actually WANT to go back!! I can't afford to be off any longer, Sick pay aint nothin to laugh about!!