Friday 18 April 2008

Race for life..

It won't be long before I'm out in the field slogging my hard earned guts out for charity. I have to be honest with you, I can't wait! What with the weather just recently, I've found running in these highly strong winds almost impossible.. but I've done it non the less. Over the weeks I've gained a few extra pounds, which I or anyone else can't see, but the scales don't lie. My appetite has doubled, my energy levels are up, even though I start work on a Friday at 6a.m and finish about 5p.m,I still find time to go for a run, as I have today. I'm still bursting with energy! Yeah... strange but true. If any one visiting my blog would like to sponsor me, then they can go directly to the site and donate on line at 'cancer research UK'.. it's a worth while cause, one of which I hold close to my heart, having had several relatives and friends die of the disease. And I thank you for reading this chapter in my life. The date of my run is May 10th . Weather permitting, it will be an eventful day. . I look forward to it, it's what I've trained for...

2 comments:

nitebyrd said...

I'm so excited and happy for you! Of course, I'll visit the site and donate!

Indi said...

Nitebyrd~ a big THANK YOU for donating. I went for a long run yesterday... 5.6 miles! My longest run since 1996's London marathon, think my joints need some oiling Lol..!