Monday 14 June 2010

Picture this


A couple of weeks ago I attended the local art class.
I being the model. I always love to strip off in front of a class full
of artists. Set the pose for the evening, find a comfortable position, fix my eyes on a spot so as not to lose concentration and fall asleep. This picture was done with chalk on a piece of beige paper. David, the guy who runs the art class, has produced this rather excellent picture.. I'd like the finished piece but we ran out of time.. next time maybe I'll ask David if I could keep it. Some thing else to be proud of .. hang on my wall. I have one painting already on my wall from Allen, an elderly man who is very good. I asked him once if I could take a photo of the finished piece on my phone, he actually gave it to me. ;)
I don't know much about paints, crayons and the such but I do know a good painting when I see one. The artists there are very talented. They range from students to 70+ all with varying abilities. Come tea break I slip my dressing gown on and wander round to see how they have drawn me, some I have to smile at.. but some I am in absolute Ore of. I did actually have a go at drawing once... but I find it easier ( though it isn't) to sit perfectly still. Something most people find very hard to achieve.

14 comments:

Tia said...

Hey baby ...... nice one!!! :-D

Indi said...

Tia ~ Hey honey ;) thanks *wink*


Indi

xx

Luka said...

I admire your posing ability - I couldn't sit still for long enough to allow anyone to do more than a lightning sketch. That's a great picture, I can see why you like it.

Red Shoes said...

Very nice!! It takes a great deal of confidence to pose nude... My son took a drawing class this past semester... and they used nude models... he told me the story of this young fellow who came to pose... the class prof allows the model to determine how 'undressed' they want to be... He said this fellow stripped down to his underwear... and at some point, took those off... and after just a short while, he got up and left the studio... the prof went to check on him... and when the prof returned to the studio, said the young fellow was throwing up...

It's really not funny, I'm sure...

That is quite a contribution you make to these artists, Indi!!!

~shoes~

Unknown said...

That is actually a really good painting! You look beautiful! And bravo to you for being so brave!

The Invisible Seductress said...

A calming pose. I like it. It has a regal air to it.

BryannaR22369 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Indi said...

Luka ~ Thank you. The more I pose the more I find I can sit still for longer periods of time. On the odd occasion who ever's in charge asks if I need a break, unless I have cramp or pins n needles I say no thanks and carry. Having said thatt, the very first time I had to de-robe, I was as nervous as hell, butnow it just comes naturally.

Indi


x

Indi said...

Red Shoes ~ It's certainly one way to show off ya body. I'm proud of mine, it's my teeth tha need sorting, but I keep my lips tightly shit over those ;). I've been a 'Life' mdel for about 20 years and I get paid! Well some folk pay eventually!! Thank you ;)

Indi

x

Indi said...

phallatio ~ Oh thank you ;)

Indi

x

Indi said...

The Invisible Seductress ~ Thank you, I like the sound of that .. regal ! ;)

Indi

x

Indi said...

Oriental person who I deleted ~ sorry but I couldn't understand you.

nitebyrd said...

David is very talented.

I have to admire you for posing, it takes a lot of control. I was always amazed at the life models in class that could hold a pose like a statue for an hour or more.

Indi said...

nitebyrd ~ Thank you, David hasn't always done art, he's fairly new at it, he teaches it to the sith former art students and I'm usually the model for that too. Some poses can be a right royal pain, but once I've gone into the pose there's no turning back.. I love posing, so I guess in a way that classes me as an 'exhibitionist?' ;)))


Indi

xxx