Saturday 19 June 2010

Home Sweet Home


Home is where the heart is.
Where memories are cooked
flowers are laid, smiles
and laughter come gift
wrapped, inlaid with
gilt edges, paved with
love. Dusty cobwebs.
Heat rising, dishes
laiden with food fit
for a king, children
crying, babies muzzle
new teeth biting, toys
of joy bursting into
life..childhood growing
adult hood beckons soon.
Verbal abuse, character
playing, all good fun,
and when the day is over
all chores completed
and done, sit back a
while, smile.. for
hard work though it
may be.. this is what
we planned, you .. me
and dependent..make
three. Education..
recreation..blood
sweat n tears, they
leave us in ore,
we created this
tiny adult, girl
then boy. Brother
and sister full
of untold joys.
Home is where
it all started,
where the plans
were drawn up.
This is it, my
life so far..
I am in love
with it, me.
As for the
girl n boy,
adults now
they be. Own
lives to lead.
Education
eventually
paid off, a
Lawyer she now
be.. all grown
up.. am I so
god damn proud.
Son has a talent
for making
things out of
wood, I knew
he wood!! Upon
the farm is his
real time job,
getting up early
coming home
covered in !!!!
But they all have
their own ideas
of what life is
all about, or so
they think. They
have their
moments of
lettin off
steam, kicking
screaming n
shout. But when
all is said and
done, there's
the memories,
the day they
first took that
step, from then
on I've never
looked back. This
is how I live my
life, two kids,
now adults with
a husband in tow.
I'm happy for what
I give in life,
I have a fabulous
husband, I love
my life. Home
is where the
heart is.

6 comments:

The Savage said...

I love this one! I love your poetic style!

Indi said...

Savvy ~ Thank you . Thought I'd try it from another angle.. sitting as aposed to lying down ;)))))

Indi

xx

Leah said...

Nice one Indi xxx

Indi said...

Leah ~ *smiling* ;-* Thanks

Indi

xx

nitebyrd said...

This one made me smile, Indi! You sound happy and optimistic. YAY!!! XOXO

Indi said...

nitebyrd ~ I think, so I must be? I thought I was going crazy then I realised I am, so I must be .. see what I mean? Thanks hun,

Indi

xx