Wednesday 26 January 2011

Wet

My daddy used to smack me,
when I used to wet the bed.
It's one of those re-occurring
nightmares that I can't seem
to get out of my head.
We/they tried all kinds
of medication, relaxation,
alarm bells would ring as
soon as the tiniest drop
of piss came into contact
with the protective rubber
sheet.. part of the Victorian
contraption I had with
every night's disturbed
sleep. I tried my best
not to fall asleep..
I dreaded every morning
waking to find out I was
lying in cold pee. I'd
lie in fear as I heard
my Daddy's foot steps
clamber up to my room.
Eye's fixed as the door
would open, I buried
my head beneath the
covers of my bed.
When asked if I were
dry.. my eyes would
fill with tears.
I must 've been
a nightmare for
my parents, if
this is what they
did to me, I
even did a stint
in hospital to
try n find out
why I did it..
I hated every
minute of it,
I used to hide
under my bed.
More pills to
take, wire's
attached this
time, only to
my head!
When I am feeling
down, all these
nightmares I
used to own..
re enter my
troubled head.
The monsters
are still hiding
under my bed.
13 is unlucky
for some. 13
was the age when
I stumbled out
of child hood
and on the slippery
road toward being
an adult.
Dry nights, no
more smacks.
Just mood swings,
periods..pubic hair
and those
wobbly things
growing on
my chest!!!!

4 comments:

UBERMOUTH said...

I knew a girl who used to wet the bed until she was about 14 and I had no doubt it was bad nerves. I do not understand parents who further humiliate and traumatize the kid by acting as you have described here. It's no big deal really, is it? Worse for the kid who has to lie in it.

And no doubt if they simply used a rubber sheet under the cotton one and made no big deal of it, the child would grow out of it quicker.

Sorry to hear bout your bad experiences...pissy pants. :)

Indi said...

UBY ~ pissy pants? is that the best you can come up with Lol.


Indi


xx

UBERMOUTH said...

LOL We could send you as a secret weapon to the KKK! :)

Indi said...

UBY ~ Do I get to wear a hood? Well I got red hair, so you could call me 'little red riding hood!'

heheheeeeeee


Indi


xx