Thursday 29 March 2012

New Horizons













I've spent the last few months trying to convince myself that the time has come to move out of our home, move a couple of miles up the road into our next home. It's a strange feeling because I know that this has been on the cards since we got married, since we moved in here, since that day...knowing that the house came as a part of the job...no job=no home. We also knew it was coming...just feels like it's crept up on us and is out of the blue smacked us in the face! I know that a home is where the heart is and it's what you put into it that gives it the warmth, colour.... love is home. As for our babies that grew up in this house of 26 years +... they now have to go that extra step further, of which they appear to coping with better than I have been doing. Sleepless nights, waking up at 3 in the morning and not able to fall back to sleep. We have the key to our next project (house!) It needs my touch, our touch.. paint by the pots, but it's smaller.. double glazed windows, less money on fuel bills... food for thought. Not a fortune to spent on food, just for me and him... one cat ~tigs~ two dogs outside. A large garden out back surrounded by utter peace n quiet. No irritating neighbours to piss me off. We have boxes to strewn about the house, bubble wrap is a weird thing but protects the fragile things in life, maybe I should wrap myself in bubble wrap...?! So there you have it. The young ones move out next Tuesday... they are sharing a two bedroomed house not far from here, close enough for son to get to work.... on time is another matter. I think they are in for a shock when it comes to house work, who does what... it won't be me anymore! So the emotions will roll next week... a new horizon for us all.





















4 comments:

Fusion said...

Best luck on an easy move, physically at least. Moving is never easy, especially when you've lived a long time in one house.

Indi said...

Fusion ~ I'm in limbo right now, not sure how I feel and how it will effect me after 29 amazing years...thank you


Indi


x

nitebyrd said...

Moving is always an adventure. I do hope it's a really good one for you and your family.

Indi said...

nitebyrd ~ I worried all yesterday when I was at work 'cuz I knew the young ones were going... when I got home they had gone... it didn't feel right, I'm easing into it now though... now I can look forward to moving for us when it arrives!



Indi
x