Tuesday 31 August 2010

Another year

Blood sweat n tears.
Hours of pain, agony
and sweat.. labour
was long and tedious,
ripped n bleeding..
the pain was long
and intense....
then you arrived
this tiny bundle
of joy.. the
nurse shouts
'it's a boy.'
I loved you
and nursed you.
I've watched you
grow from that
tiny being, to
the man you are
now. Sunday was
your birthday,
23 years old
you be. I applaud
you, love you..
you will always
be my little boy.
Still not too big
to slap, not that
I ever did..One
day you will find
your own place, a
time to break my
heart. So go...
celebrate in style
have a drink or
two on me, but
not too many.
Never drink and
drive, but for
whatever life
throws at you
always remember
to smile. Smile
for today, celebrate
for all your
tomorrows.

10 comments:

nitebyrd said...

Hope your boy had a good birthday. No matter how old, I think you always worry about them.

The Bipolar Diva said...

*sniffle*
You made me laugh at "not too old to slap." I just told my 25 yr old son that. I slapped him one time when he THOUGHT he could back talk me. Never happened again....lol

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your son!

Indi said...

nitebyrd ~ Oh he was still celebrating last night, the contents of his stomach were all over the back door and back yard this morning... he just doesn't know when to stop drinkin... he'll learn one day! Mummy here had the joy of clearing it up * rench*

Indi

xx

Indi said...

The Bipola Diva ~ he may be 23 and 6'tall but I can still whoop his ass... thing is I hsave to catch him first Lol

Indi

xx

Indi said...

Christiejolu ~ Thank you, I'll pass it on

Indi

xx

Red Shoes said...

Happy Birthday to your son!!!

They grow up SO quickly!! It's difficult for me to believe that my baby is 27... :o(

But he and his sister will ALWAYS be my babies... I do love them so!!!

~Daddy Shoes~

Indi said...

Red Shoes ~ Yeah they do grow up quick, that or time flies. My Daughter is 25 next February. She is/ well they both are adults but at certain moments, mannerisms they resort back to when they were toddlers.. it's easy to spot..


Indi

xx

UBERMOUTH said...

That's lovely Indi. Will he see this poem?

Indi said...

UBS ~ Not if I have anything to do with it.. no one in my family know I have a blog, BUT I may read it to him one day.. thank you


Indi

xx