Thursday 6 March 2008

Bitter sweet

Rain clouds stir the sky.

The bitter sweet taste of summer nights.

Wading through fields of gold...

holding hands just you and I.

The humidity clings to our skin.

The ground below is scorched and dry.

Birds fall silent, the storm is coming.

Thunderous symphonies fill the air,

take shelter beneath the tree, old

from age, her branches like fingers,

they blow in the breeze.

Bitter sweet, these hot humid nights.

Flesh shimmering with lovers delight.

I hold you there, beneath the tree

brush my fingers through your hair...

trace the outline of your lips,

tease you.. pull you in.

A shiver runs down your spine,

the chill settles as the sun goes down.

I smile at you..you pull me in.

Distant thunder fades into the night.

The air is cooler and so am I..I

hold you close, we kiss..

Oh such succulent sighs.

The sound of bitter sweet nights.

2 comments:

nitebyrd said...

Very, very nice.

Indi said...

Thank you nitebyrd. I wrote it in a matter of minutes for some one..