Thursday 19 July 2012

'Crash n burn'.

Well the good news is, I can still type! The not so good news is I now have to use my other half's laptop as I think mine has at long last snuffed it! So here I am again... off work! Our new home is coming along very well... although today and tomorrow I'm not allowed to use my right hand due too having cortisone injections directly into the thumb joint...."ouch....cringe & gritting of teeth|" were my first reactions! Followed by sharp intake of breath!!!
I've been having trouble with my right thumb for some time  now. After referrals to X-ray dept; then for Ultrasound... I was then referred to see the orthopaedic surgeon yesterday. As I assumed I would be having a chat as to what the prognosis was and how to combat the discomfort. Or in my words... 'Oh sh*t, what now?' Read and sign consent form. A quick wipe of the area ... this is the part where I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth...and felt the fine long sharp needle disappear into the joint of my thumb. (Not a nice feeling)! So what is the prognosis eh? The knuckle is riddled with Arthritis and very swollen. I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to any of this....AND if the injections don't work, the swelling doesn't reduce completely then I'm afraid the next step is surgery! That's what the large irregular lump is, swelling of the joint.
 So I'm stuck at home now until next Monday, when I have, I hope some kind of use in my thumb. Until then I don't get to do much of anything..... easy I hear you all say. Time to relax?! BORING! I went out on my m'bike yesterday a.m, hope this procedure works...biking annoys the pain BIG time,I'm not quitting riding... so it'd better work. The weather doesn't change much either.....rain! Rain! and even more bloody RAIN!!!!!

No comments: