Monday 30 July 2012

Died

Yesterday I found some proper powdered milk that very young animals can have, including kittens.
So I went out a bought a dropper so I could feed 'Jet' as he/she wasn't old enough to lap milk. I
fed him/her? before I went to work this morning.... litter tray training was due to start today, I wrapped little sweetie pie in towel for warmth and went to work, placed kitty in box with teddy so he/she didn't feel alone. I have cried so much since I returned home. 'Jet' has died. I think because of the age of my kitten he/she couldn't maybe digest  the food. I didn't yet know  the sex of my kitty... a beautiful kitten with plenty of love to give and
a lot of love n kisses given in return.
I shall dig a grave and put 'Jet' in a shaded area in the garden.

8 comments:

Red Shoes said...

Oh no!!!!

I am so so so sorry...

*huggles*

~SHOES~

:O(

Cande said...

Ohh that's terrible I'm so sorry!

I've had that happen too. They can't digest certain types of powdered milk I've been told. Mother cats lick kitten bellies to help them digest. I was told (after my kitten died) that they need belly massages after they eat. Don't get down on yourself though, It can happen. They are young and often only the mother can get them strong enough to survive and even then, if she has one too many it can still not make it.
((HUGS))

nitebyrd said...

Indi, I'm so sorry. (((hugs))) But you made Jet's last bit of time on earth warm and loving. He passed over knowing what goodness is.

Indi said...

Shoes - Thank you for the huggles, I need huggling right now.


Indi

x

Indi said...

Cande - I didn't know all of what you've told me. I had learnt however that the mummy cat licks the kitten potty ened to help it to pee n such, I was going to use wet cotton wool to try to encourage her to use litter tray.. I had so many plans on how to bring life back to this sweet tiny animal..but shouod I have the fortune another time to save a young kitten I won't forget wehat you have told me and thank you for caring n sharing.


Indi


x

Indi said...

nitebyrd - Yes you are right with that statement. That makes my time here on earth warmer knowing the kitten didn't die in pain, alone some where cold.


Indi


xx

Cande said...

yeah the wet cotton is something I was told too. But only after did they tell me about the milk types and massages. I'm glad I could be of some use!

Again, hugs!

Indi said...

Cande - I am making notes of all that I have read, just in case I come across a very young kitten again, hopefull I will have learnt some thing and make a better job of saving a life next time, thank you


Indi


x