Sunday 3 July 2011

Daddy

My dad's 76,
take a look
what do you
think? He's
aged in two
years. He's
become an
old man..
mum's words
not mine.

He's been having
stomach pains,
the kind that
knock you off
your feet. He
has lost his
appetite too,
and to add to
it all he is..
as my mum is
Diabetic, but
to name but a
few other problems.
He had a scan, they
whipped him
into hospital
last Wednesday
afternoon. He's
still there.
We now know
what the problem
is, what was
knockin him
off his feet.
A deeper scan
showed that he
has an Aneurysm
in the lower
part of his
stomach..and
of course it's
much bigger
than first
thought! My
Mum's missin
him like crazy,
they hate bein
apart.....
We went to see
him last week.
At last we have
figured out
the problem,
he'll have an
operation some
time next week.
Now, I know he's
in good hands,
if it doesn't go
to plan..we're
talkin about a
frail 76 year
old man.. If it
should burst..
If it bursts
then I'm afraid
he will die.
Fingers
eyes and legged
crossed.. for
many years to
come of spendin
happy years of
watchin him and
my Mum grow even
older together.
He doesn't like
the food in there,
his sugar level's
gone through the
bloody roof!! He
has a condition,
caused by the
stroke that stops
him from tasting
his grub. We
take him fruit
and cream, fresh
bread made by his
wife..in sickness
and in health..
to death do us..
My Brother's drivin
up on Tuesday to take
care of our Mum n Dad,
I phone and visit her
regularly, every day
that's my plan. She's
only three miles up
the road, she hates
being on her own.
Call me Mum if you
need anything.. I'm
here for you, you know.
Get well daddy, I love
you...

8 comments:

Red Shoes said...

Aneurysms can be scary things... but since it's been identified, and the medical team knows it's there, then feel confident that he will be ok...

*huggles*

I hope all is well with you and your family...

~shoes~

Leah said...

Sorry you and your family are going though this anxious time. Sending hugs to you my friend xxxxxx

Indi said...

Shoes ~ Yes they can be scary things, but if you want scared you should see the crap they call food they are serving up...it's a disgrace!! No wonder he's lost his appetite. Thank you


Indi

xx

Indi said...

Leah ~ Catchin all hugs comin this way.... I wish with all my heart he survives.... for my mothers sake too...


Indi

xx

The Bipolar Diva said...

Thinking of you and wishing your dad all the best.

UBERMOUTH said...

Your dad is in fine hands now. I am sure that he will be okay.

God bless you all Indi.

xo

Indi said...

The Bipolar Diva ~ ;) Thank you, and I trust you are well too?

Indi

xx

Indi said...

UBS ~ Yeah he is they just gotta figure out how to moderate his sugar level and feed him some real food, what is it with these hospitals & their food regime? Thank you, you OK now?

Indi

xx