Saturday 10 September 2011

My Dad

After my fathers operation back in June this year, all was going well until he started to experience blood loss with no pain or warning. After considerable episodes he decided enough was enough. Doctors appointment made. The doctor was very thorough, the nurse patched him up.. a phone call made and my dad is collected this time by Ambulance back to Leicester Royal Infirmary to be mended. The doctor thinks that he contracted some kind of infection either from the plastic tube they implanted into him.. or some other way.. but I would have thought that if he had an infection he would feel poorly, under the weather? He had neither of these complaints. So he has had the operation to remove the plastic tube from his lower groin area, where upon the first aneurysm was, but they have had to cut a fresh wound just above the original one. The surgeon took a piece of vein from his arm, but that wasn't big enough so they took a piece of vein from his leg.. the poor man will have scars all over him! I am visiting him today with my Mum. He phones my mum several times a day, as up until last time he was in hospital ..they haven't been apart from each other for so long. She gets lonely... doesn't eat well, they are both diabetic.. he hates hospital food.... who likes the food in these places?? He has had several blood tests and the main test being they will grow a culture which will take anything from 10 to 14 days where hopefully it will give some clue as to why he suffered the blood loss and suspected infection in the first place.

6 comments:

Leah said...

I hope he recovers very soon Indi. Parents are so precious......

Indi said...

Leah ~ Thank you, he looks well concidering he's lost so much weight. Fingers crossed he's out soon.


Indi


x

nitebyrd said...

I do hope they find the root of what caused this. Also that he's on the mend very soon and back with your mother. It's sweet that they talk so often and how they miss each other.

(((hugs)) to you!

Indi said...

nitebyrd ~ Thank you. I know my Mother is missing him, but I'm sure there are times when she enjoys the peace... I don't think I could love on my own, my hubby's off to Spain next Wed for a week, I will be without him here... daunting!!


Indi


xx

red.neck chic said...

I hope he recovers soon... hospitals suck - being sick sucks.

And I know your Mom misses him...

All of my get well wishes are flying your way.

xoxo
robelyn

Indi said...

red.neck chic ~ Yeah he came home from hospital yesterday... very thin but my mum will soon have his weight back up... the hospital food is disgusting... how they hope the patients will ever recover quickly if the food is shite!! Thank you Robelyn much appreciated.


Indi


x