Friday 31 October 2008

Love

From morning until night,
I held you close, never letting
you go from my sight.
Holding your hand and
touching your face,
outlining the contours of your body
feeling the heart beating inside your chest.

The passion that boils within me,
burns the very existence in me.
I can't sleep , I can't eat...
for I'm in love.
This crazy thing that attacks my senses,
feeds the mind, controls the my heart.
Leaving me spiralling out of control.

I can't eat, I can't sleep...
my appetite is dead..
thoughts of you, visions of beauty,
visions of you lying next to me,
holding me close to you, in our bed.
Your body is so soft, skin like satin.
Your touch melts my every thing.

I can't eat, I can't sleep,
I'm in love.
Love is a powerful thing,
I wake up every morning,
with this deep seeded emotion
I want to cry with joy,
listen to the angels sing,
run naked in the fields.

I will love you forever,
until the cows come home.
I will love you until the sky falls in
and the earth runs dry.
I will love you with all
of my body and soul.
I will love from now until I'm old.

4 comments:

nitebyrd said...

Yeah. You're DEFINITELY in love.

I have to admit I'm jealous. I doubt I'll ever feel like this again but I'm happy as hell for you, hun!

Indi said...

Aw... thank you nitebyrd ;-)

Spiky Zora Jones said...

I know I've not been around but things have occupied my time...Things are better now.

Sweetie...you are in love.

She is one lucky woman...i love your poem. I'd love to see more of them...love though drives these words to the surface...don't they.

Take care sweetie. Ciao.

Indi said...

Hey Spiky~ thanks for those kind words.. nice to have you back!